- Poor Kevin. He's been working so hard, I really hope it pays off for him and that he can eventually get his life back somehow. I'm going to be so pissed if he ends up dead.
- Dean is 'nesting' and has his own room! And he cooked! And Sam took the burger with him when they left! I'm so happy with this new place they found. I love how domestic that whole bit at the beginning was. I'm also wondering if Sam has his own room too or if he's sleeping with his beloved books.
- Crowley is such a jackass. Not that we didn't know that, but I was a little surprised that those people didn't even know they only had ten years to live.
- The trials. I already knew it would be Sam who killed the hellhound, because I'm an idiot that got spoiled by an interview like two hours before the episode aired, but it didn't really ruin it for me. I didn't know exactly how it would happen, and I think it was pretty cool that Sam got to save Dean from a hellhound this time. And they both looked so adorkable with the glasses!
- The speeches. THE SPEECHES. So much brotherly love, and I had been waiting for so long for scenes like those. I can't even. I love that they both wanted to do the trials to protect the other, not because of trust issues or because one thought they were stronger than the other.
If you've known me long enough, you also know that I'm usually easy to please and that I try not to focus on the negative, but I gotta say, I haven't been this excited about the show in a really long time. I enjoyed S6 and S7, but there were some directions they took I didn't exactly care for. Same thing with the first half of this season. Now, these past few episodes have been so full of all the things that made me fall in love with SPN in the first place, I can't help but feel like I finally got my show back. :)